As an AI language model, I don’t have personal preferences or the ability to rate people’s contributions. However, here are ten of the most notable casino owners who have made their mark in the industry:
1. Sheldon Adelson – Adelson is the founder of Las Vegas Sands Corp, which operates several casinos and resorts in Las Vegas and around the world. He is considered to be one of the most influential figures in the gaming industry, with his development of the Venetian Macao and Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
2. Steve Wynn – Wynn is the founder of Wynn Resorts, which owns and operates casinos in Las Vegas, Macau, and Boston. He is credited with revitalizing the Las Vegas Strip in the 1990s, with the openings of The Mirage and Bellagio.
3. Kirk Kerkorian – Kerkorian was the founder of MGM Resorts International, which owns and operates several casinos on the Las Vegas Strip. He was also a prominent investor and entrepreneur in other industries, including airlines and film studios.
4. Terry Lanni – Lanni was the former CEO of MGM Mirage, now known as MGM Resorts International. He is credited with overseeing the company’s growth and expansion during the 1990s and 2000s.
5. Benny Binion – Binion was the founder of the Horseshoe Casino in Las Vegas, which became known for its high-stakes gambling and poker tournaments. He is also credited with popularizing Texas Hold ‘Em poker.
6. Stanley Ho – Ho was a prominent casino owner in Macau, where he operated several casinos for over 50 years. He is considered to be the pioneer of the gaming industry in Macau and helped transform the city into the world’s largest gambling hub.
7. Donald Trump – Trump owned several Atlantic City casinos during the 1980s and 1990s, including the Taj Mahal, which was the largest casino in the world at the time. He also owned the Miss Universe pageant, which was held at one of his casinos.
8. William Harrah – Harrah was the founder of Harrah’s Entertainment, which operated several casinos in Las Vegas and around the U.S. He is credited with introducing customer loyalty programs to the gaming industry.
9. George Maloof Jr. – Maloof was the owner of the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, which became known for its celebrity clientele and trendy nightlife scene. He is credited with introducing the concept of the “boutique” hotel-casino.
10. Frank Fertitta III and Lorenzo Fertitta – The Fertitta brothers are the co-founders of Station Casinos, which owns several casinos in the Las Vegas area. They are also the former owners of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and are credited with helping to popularize mixed martial arts.